**** New Features and Functions ****
FOR INTERMEDIATE & UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEARNERS OF ENGLISH
Practical and comprehensive support
- 100，000 words， phrases and meanings， including the Academic Word List
- 40，000 corpus-based examples show words in context
- Integrated Thesaurus explains 6，000 synonyms， antonyms and related words
- 20，000 Collocations show typical word combinations
- Easy to understand – all definitions are written using the Longman Defining Vocabulary of 2，000 common words
- Full contents of the Longman Active Study Dictionary book with all words pronounced by both British and American native speakers of English
- 40，000 audio recordings to help you learn the correct pronunciation
- Full-colour text， zoomable illustrations and extensive sound files make the Longman Active Study Dictionary ideal for use on your iOS device
- Full-colour illustrations with zoom function
- Progressive look-up for quick searching
- Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
- Automatic history
The Longman Active Study Dictionary is ideal for intermediate students who want a dictionary that lasts them up to advanced level. The best-selling dictionary in its category， the Active Study includes all the information students need to improve their English and increase their vocabulary in a portable size. It has more words， phrases， and examples than any other dictionary at this level.
unique three-way cross-referencing search
real-time progressing look-up
wildcard pattern searches -with * ？
support for search from other applications
OS-independent app localization
iPod， iPhone & iPad compatible “universal app”
Full “Retina Display” support
Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
supports Facebook APIs.
Twitter & Evernote posts.
Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Longman Active Study Dictionary
Pearson Education Limited， 2010