A bilingual， bidirectional guide to French and North American English with extensive coverage of Canadian French.
• Dictionary database is powered by Merriam-Webster and contains over 41，000 entries and 100，000 translations.
• Abundant word-use examples.
• Pronunciations and variant spellings.
Search and translate features：
• The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
∙ Enter a query into the input field and dictionary will automatically build a list of entries containing your query， increasing the probability of finding the right definition.
∙ Find precise word translations containing a number of usage examples.
∙ Because Full text search supports the Morphology module and ‘Did you mean…？’ function， users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling or incorrect word form.
∙ Additionally， Full text search displays search results (dictionary entries) in both language directions at once without the need to switch directions manually.
• New！ Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• New！ Contextual menu (Browsing， Morphology Module).
• New！ Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• New！ Built-in PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “？” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• New！ Search for anagrams.
• New！ iPhone 5 support
• New！ Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• New！ Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• New！ Favorites – to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required： simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Merriam Webster joined the Open Dictionary API Alliance， a unique resource providing the access to premium dictionary content for all members of the Alliance. Join us at http：//dictionary-api.org and enjoy the opportunity to enrich your apps with a high quality and trusted source of reference from the world’s famous publishers.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then， Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation， scholarship， and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today， the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references， popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.